The MDS-PAS pilot training program will utilize the Train the Trainer Education model, wherein MDS provides curriculum, resources, training and support to regionally identified trainers, who in turn utilize these materials to prepare and implement training programs in their local languages and organizations. Support will be provided to all selected applicants.
Selected trainers are required to participate in the entire duration of the 11-month program from August 2022 – June 2023.
The MDS-PAS Train the Trainer Pilot Program focuses on training for:
- Physical Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
Who Should Apply
MDS members residing in the MDS-Pan American Section* who are:
- Physical Therapists, Neuropsychologists/Psychologists and Speech Language Pathologists with at least two years of experience working with people with Parkinson’s disease in a clinical setting and providing care to at least four patients per week.
- Dedicated to teaching and training foundational principles of healthcare professionals.
- Proficient in both English and the local language.
*The MDS-PAS includes the USA, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
Trainer education will incorporate a variety of educational formats including:
- Online education modules and lectures for on-demand viewing
- Webinar with interactive discussion
- In-person training course (November; Location to be announced)
- Interactive assessments
- Virtual meetings to mentor trainers in planning their local programs
Timeline and Activities
The MDS-PAS Train the Trainer Pilot Program will take place from August 2022 – June 2023, and includes the following components:
Virtual introductory meeting with faculty and selected participants
Overview and expectations of the program
Begin online educational modules
Live virtual case discussion sessions, 1-2 per month
In person program 1.5/2-days (workshops, practical). Location to be announced.
Virtual meeting with Faculty Mentors and trainers to discuss planning of local educational program
Additional educational online modules
Trainers host local programs in local language. Trainers are responsible for all aspects of the local program planning, development and implementation, with faculty in advisory role.
Course Directors hold virtual meeting with trainers to discuss program feedback.
Applications for the 2022-2023 program have closed. They will not reopen until the completion of the current program.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Nilda Toro, MDS-PAS Regional Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org